Wednesday, August 15, 2007

WE"RE IN TROUBLE



As you can see by the picture, the grand-moose is almost walking. This picture was taken yesterday while Mrs. Moose and I were baby-sitting. He has been able to get to his feet and walk around with the help of furniture. Not a problem.

He can go to a standing position and balance for 30 seconds without falling. No help from furniture. And when you do hold his hands to walk, he runs. Also today, he was able to go from a squatting position to standing with no problem. In fact he went so fast and forcefully, he was almost jumping. And that was going from a full squat.

We think , once he starts to walk, he will just run instead. When you do walk with him, he tries to run. When you offer him a cookie, he gets to it as fast as possible.

When he does start, we are in trouble. We don't know if old farts like us can keep up with him. I sure hope we can. He is keeping us young and mobile.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're going to have to stay on your toes now. They are very very fast. He's so cute.

Catmoves said...

I think you'd better start marathon trining, moose. Lots of training. And then some more.

alphonsedamoose said...

Babzy: My youngest son suggested a leash

alphonsedamoose said...

Cat: I'll train my dogs to herd him back to me.

Anonymous said...

HaHa I just had a memory fart. I used to work in an adult daycare centre. Twice a week we had a large group of Alzheimer patients come in for activitie and lunch, etc. The on-site nurse brought her border collie a few times. That crazy dog would herd the patients. If any wandered away she would round them up again and get them all grouped together. The dog was hilarious and also very needed. The patients didn't know what was going on but they weren't scared of the dog. She was very gentle with them.

alphonsedamoose said...

Babzy: I could train my German Shepherd to do that. Border Collies sure do it naturally though. Great story

Catmoves said...

Sob. The picture has disappeared. Big fat red X where it was. And right click, "show picture" didn't work, either. What'd you do ?

alphonsedamoose said...

Cat: I don't know why the pic disappeared. I re-posted right above