Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Fwd: Moose threaten global climate

As a moose from the great north woods of Canada, I would like all my friends to read the following article and consider how reprehensible the Norwegians are . They are blaming global warming on the moose of their country and , I can only assume, on Moose around the world. Do they not realize that we , the most majestic of the deer species, have been on this planet longer than they have? Have my ancestors not given them food and clothing? If you cut us, do we not bleed? If you hurt us , do we not feel pain? If we cry, do we not shed tears? Let them remember that they are guests in our lands. Where is the compassion for us? Where are the people , who will stand up and say "Nay. Let our moose go!"?
Where is the compassion and realization that all Moose are created equal? Is it not better to stop a car than kill a moose? Where is the outrage that should coming hence to stop this barbaric slaughter?


http://archive.patriotpost.us/pub/07-34_Digest/page-5.php


We have not taken up antlers against you puny people except in the defense of our off-spring. We are a peace loving animal, who just want to roam free in this world. Content to just eat, sleep, have sex and fart. We have not built factories and planes and burned coal to heat ourselves. No, we grew our fur out. We sleep under the stars. We have no need to cut down forests and pollute our water systems.

No we are a free species who have the inalienable right to pursue life, liberty and justice for all of us.

Please, on behalf of other members of my family, I beg of you, do not let this injustice continue. If we, the moose of the world set up a hunt for all the humans who farted, our permit totals would be in the millions. Help save my family.

I know we can do this together-- ALPHONSEDAMOOSE

10 comments:

Bonita said...

Is this for real? Who ever followed the moose to determine their flatulence levels? I suspect foul play here, big-time. Inaccurate record keeping, too. I'm all for leaving the moose alone, unperturbed by all of our nonsense.

alphonsedamoose said...

Bonita: As far as I know this is for real. Ridiculous isn't it?

Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard at this post I had tears running down my face. Oh Moose it's priceless. Your response to the study is wonderful. I think you should send it to that paper.

HAHAHA

alphonsedamoose said...

Thanks Babzy: It was Lin who sent me the original and suggested I write a response.

Catmoves said...

Great post. Almost everyone in the U.S. drives their cars more than the 8,500 miles per year. So I guess that makes us more polluting than moose gas?
I'm writing to those Norwegians as soon as I get translator.
And who did follow them around?

alphonsedamoose said...

Cat: I don't know who followed them. My question would be: How did they do the measurement. I'm not letting anybody near my back end with a sniffer

Lin said...

Well done, Alphonse! You are a Mooster Orator and a credit to your species! If not for you, who would speak up for the gentle antlered masses? Maybe you'll have to lower your head and gore Al if this anti-moose propaganda gains momentum.

alphonsedamoose said...

Lin: Al wouldn't know a moose from a mouse. If I was an American Moose I could run for President or maybe join the Elks club.

Catmoves said...

moose, I found this: http://entropyproduction.blogspot.com/2005/09/cow-flatulence-kyoto-credits.html
It's a fight back article for you, the magnificent largest deer in the world.

alphonsedamoose said...

Cat: Thanks very much. Very interesting article.