Thursday, August 9, 2007

Fwd: Fw: Just LOVE the last one!

LAUGH FOR THE DAY - ENJOY



Subject: Just LOVE the last one!



Actual call center conversations!

Customer: "I've been calling 700-1000
for two days and can't get
through;
can you help?"

Operator: "Where did you get that
number, sir?"

Customer: "It's on the door of your
business."

Operator: "Sir, those are the hours
that we are open."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Samsung Electronics

Caller: "Can you give me the
telephone number for Jack?"

Operator: "I'm sorry, sir, I don't
understand who you are talking
about."

Caller: "On page 1, section 5,
of the user guide it clearly
states
that I need to unplug the fax machine
from the AC wall socket and
telephone Jack before
cleaning.
Now, can you give me the number
for Jack?"

Operator: "I think it means the
telephone plug on the wall."

----------------------------------------------------------------------


Caller (enquiring about legal
requirements while traveling in
Europe )

"If I register my car in France , and
then take it to England , do I have
to change the steering
wheel to the
other side of the car?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Directory Enquiries

Caller: "I'd like the number of the
Argo Fish Bar, please"

Operator: "I'm sorry, there's no
listing. Are you sure that the spelling
is correct?"

Caller: "Well, it used to be called
the Bargo Fish Bar but the 'B' fell off."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Then there was the caller who asked
for a knitwear company in
Woven.

Operator: "Woven? Are you sure?"
Caller: "Yes. That's what it
says on the label -- Woven in Scotland "

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Tech Support: "OK. At the
bottom left hand side of your screen,
can you see the 'OK' button displayed?"

Customer: "Wow! How can
you see my screen from there?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

This has to be one of the funniest
things in a long time. I think this guy
should have been promoted, not fired. This
is a true story from the WordPerfect Helpline, which was transcribed from
a recording monitoring the customer
care department. Needless to
say
the Help Desk employee was fired;
however, he/she is currently suing
the WordPerfect organization for
"Termination without Cause."


Actual dialogue of a former
WordPerfect Customer Support
employee.

(Now I know why they record these
conversations!):


Operator: "Ridge Hall, computer
assistance; may I help you?"

Caller: "Yes, well, I'm having
trouble with WordPerfect."

Operator: "What sort of trouble??"
Caller: "Well, I was just
typing along, and all of a sudden the
words went away."

Operator: "Went away?"
Caller: "They disappeared."
Operator: "Hmm. So what does
your screen look like now?"

Caller: "Nothing."
Operator: "Nothing??"
Caller: "It's blank; it won't
accept anything when I type."

Operator: "Are you still in
WordPerfect, or did you get out??"

Caller: "How do I tell?"
Operator: "Can you see the
'C: prompt' on the screen??"

Caller: "What's a sea-prompt?"
Operator: "Never mind, can you
move your cursor around the screen?"

Caller: "There isn't any cursor; I told you, it won't accept anything I type."
Operator: "Does your monitor
have a power indicator??"

Caller: "What's a monitor?"
Operator: "It's the thing with the
screen on it that looks like a TV.
Does it have a little light that tells
you when it's on??"

Caller: "I don't know."
Operator: "Well, then look on
the back of the monitor and find
where the power cord goes into it.
Can you see that??"

Caller: "Yes, I think so."
Operator: "Great. Follow the
cord to the plug, and tell me if it's
plugged into the wall.

Caller: "Yes, it is."
Operator: "When you were
behind the monitor, did you notice
that there were two cables plugged
into the back of it, not just one??"

Caller: "No."
Operator: "Well, there are. I need
you to look back there again and
find the other cable."

Caller: "Okay, here it is."
Operator: "Follow it for me, and
tell me if it's plugged securely into
the back of your computer."

Caller: "I can't reach."
Operator: "OK. Well, can you
see if it is??"

Caller: "No."
Operator: "Even if you maybe
put your knee on something and lean
way over??"

Caller: "Well, it' s not because
I don't have the right angle -- it's
because it's dark."

Operator: "Dark??"
Caller: "Yes - the office light
is off, and the only light I have is
coming in from the window."

Operator: "Well, turn on the
office light then."

Caller: "I can't."
Operator: "No? Why not??"
Caller: "Because there's a
power failure."

Operator: "A power .... A
power failure? Aha. Okay, we've got
it licked now. Do you still have the
boxes and manuals and packing stuff
that your computer came in??"

Caller: "Well, yes, I keep them in
the closet."

Operator: "Good. Go get them, and
unplug your system and pack it up
just like it was when you got it. Then
take it back to the store you bought
it from."

Caller: "Really? Is it that bad?"
Operator: 'Yes, I'm afraid it is."
Caller: "Well, all right then, I
suppose. What do I tell them??"

Operator: "Tell them you're
too stupid to own a computer!!!"




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA It was worth waiting for Moose. Hard to imagine someone being that stupid.

Moose, can you click onto my blog and tell me if it took a long time to load or was it as fast as anyone else's.

I'm having trouble. Very slow loading so I removed all the pictures except a couple of recent ones. I deleted cookies and temp files. I ran a scan have no viruses or other crap. Removed most of the older posts restarted several times after doing this stuff. But still very slow loading.

Try it and I'll keep checking here to see what you find.

alphonsedamoose said...

Babzy, yes very slow, like having the old dial-up

Anonymous said...

It must be something to do with my blogs because other blogs like yours and other web pages load quickly. Some kind of gremlin has attached itself to my blog. I have a private blog and the other day I was looking at someone else's blog and my private one unexpectedly took it's place but it didn't look the same as usual. Very strange.

I'm sure something happened at that moment that caused my blogs to slow right down. I'm going to delete my private blog completely and see what happens. I'll let you know.

alphonsedamoose said...

Babzy: I think you should run a full scan virus check just to make sure you weren't infected or taken over

Catmoves said...

Geeze, moose. Wild Thing just got her new 'puter yesterday. And the darn screen was black on that one, too. At least 'til we plugged it into the surge protector. And turned it on.
Gonna go check Babzy's page now.

alphonsedamoose said...

NO, everthing is the same. It's the way the joke came to me

alphonsedamoose said...

I'll see if I can justify to the left

Unknown said...

I think he should have been promoted!!

alphonsedamoose said...

Just me : I agree