Sunday, September 2, 2007

ONE YEAR AGO TODAY

A year ago today, September 2, 2006 Owen took over our world, as well as his mom and dad's, when he made his appearance at 9 lbs. 13 oz. and 21 1/2 inches. Life has not been the same since.

In the picture to the left, he is one day old and already he has stolen everyone's heart.

Tomorrow, we are going to celebrate his birthday with a special cake just for him. I will have a lot more to say and hopefully show you after the party.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Lin said...

Happy Birthday, mini Moose!!!!!!!

Bonita said...

9 lbs. 13 oz. - what a great start! Why, he looks a month old. My son Taraz was 9 lbs. 14 oz., and the doctor said, "What's a few ounces among friends." I'd hoped Taraz would have been a 10 lb. baby. That would have really been an achievement, as I weighed 4 lbs 5 ounces when I was born. Hospitals back then didn't do much, so I weighed a little over 3 lbs. when Mother brought me home. (I've since gained 108 lbs!)Ha!

alphonsedamoose said...

Bonita: Wow ; Taraz was a big boy also.
Owen is probably somewhere between 25-30 right now.
When I was born ,i have no idea what I weighed. Probably they hadn't invented scales then.

alphonsedamoose said...

Lin: Thank you from Mini-moose. We'll try to get lots of good pictures tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

He DOES look like a month old. So cute and filled in.

Mine was a tiny little guy all shrivelled up and furry. (preemie) Sweet little thing.

alphonsedamoose said...

He always looked bright and alert from the time we first saw him, He was full term which probably helped.
I think we love them with all our hearts no matter what they look like.