Saturday, September 8, 2007

DO YOU WANT TO KNOW A SECRET

Yes, this is what the real Alphonsedamoose looks like. Handsome devil isn't he? And humble and modest.

The reason for this picture will become obvious in a few paragraphs. I have to tell secrets and inner thoughts. Why? Because my friend Catmoves, @ http://www.quekeyturkey.blogspot.com has tagged me for the following questionnaire. He is from Albuquerque, N.M. and writes a great post. He also has a great sense of humour. How do I know? He reads my posts !!!!

These are the rules as passed on to me:

1)Name the person, with link, who tagged you. See Above.

2)Complete the questionnaire without changing the questions. Now , whoever I tag has to copy them down and write their answers as I did. Sorry about that----NOT.

3)Tag other people. That I can do and I hope they will follow through. This tag is a questionnaire to be answered on the topic " What does blogging mean to me?".


QUESTION 1: Are you happy/satisfied with your blog, with its' content and look?
For the most part I am happy with the blog. I like the look of the page with the dots---adds some colour I think. For the content I am content with most of it. Especially the ones about my grandson Owen. There are times when I wish I had not promised somebody to be politically correct. I could have so much more to write about. But then, my radical thoughts would be exposed. So I just try to keep it light.

QUESTION 2: Does your family know about your blog?
OH YES!! Having been dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century from the 18Th, my family thinks it is "AMUSING" that I have a blog. Of course, I am the only one who has dared to take the plunge. I don't know if this makes me brave or S****D.

QUESTION 3: Do you feel embarrassed to let your friends know about your blog or do you just consider it I private thing?
I don't mind my friends knowing about my blog. Most of my friends know much more embarrassing things about me. I have been known to clown around a bit and get myself into "situations".

QUESTION 4: Did your blog cause positive change in your thoughts?
I think it did. I am a staunch defender of Canada and it used to piss me off the way the States would treat us at times (lumber dispute, border crossings). I grew up in a time when the U.S. and Canada were great friends. In the last decade or so, because of politicians, I think this friendship has deteriorated somewhat and one tends to lump all people together. I think blogging has brought back that feeling of " we`all have the same concerns and we are not so different". I believe the grassroots people are basically all on the same page.

QUESTION 5: Do you only open the blogs of those who comment to your blog or do you love to go and discover more by yourself?
I have certain blogs that I read whether they comment on mine or not. Occasionally , I will go to other blogs just to see what is going on. Mrs.Moose is the one who likes to really read other blogs. I will also check out the ones that are recommended by fellow bloggers.

QUESTION 6: What does your visitor counter mean to you? Do you care about put it in your blog?
I have a visitor counter but I really never look at it. So, yes it is in my blog and no it doesn't mean a lot.

QUESTION 7: Did you try to imagine your fellow bloggers and give them real pictures? A lot of the blogs I read have the pictures already so I don't have to imagine them. The ones that don't--- well, there is the old trick you use when you are about to make a speech and you are nervous----PLEASE, PUT YOUR CLOTHES BACK ON!!!

QUESTION 8: Do you think there is a real benefit to blogging?
Heck Yes! Or I am just wasting my time. I think most bloggers find it to be very therapeutic to get their thoughts down in writing. By sharing them and getting feedback, I don't think we feel as alone as we might otherwise. It also helps get a better perspective on other people and the ways in which they handle things.

QUESTION 9: Do you think that bloggers society is isolated from the real world or interacts with events?
This is easy. The blogging society is far more interactive with events than not. All you have to do is read the different topics that are out there and you know these people keep up on things. Even if opinions vary, at least there are opinions. And the sharing of ideas and opinions is never a bad thing and usually brings about greater understanding of each other.

QUESTION 10: Does criticism annoy you or do you feel it's a normal thing?
Unwarranted criticism does bother me to a certain extent and anyone who says it doesn't isn't normal. If it is constructive criticism from somebody whose opinion I value, not much.

QUESTION 11: Do you fear some political blogs and avoid them?
I don't actively seek out political blogs but if I come across one I will read it. If I don't agree with the premise, I probably won't go back. I have enough going on without adding negatives. Because I am passionate about what I believe in , I don't tolerate fools lightly. This should give you a hint on why I don't write about politics or religion. I am not that tolerant.

QUESTION 12: Did you get shocked by the arrest of some bloggers?
Not really. In some societies, China for instance , their openness is not great. Or if people are writing terrorist or threatening messages, I see no reason why they should not be arrested. If they are just writing dissent, then yes I would be shocked especially if it happened in the "free world". If it is an HONEST opinion on a subject it should not subject you to arrest. Freedom of speech is our greatest strength and should not be stifled.

QUESTION 13: Did you think what would happen to your blog after you died?
I assume that my wife will write a last blog saying I died or maybe I'll just take it with me. I haven't decided yet.

QUESTION 14: What do you like to hear? What's the song you might like to put in a link, in your blog?
Sound of Silence or Eve of Destruction. I think they are both still relevant today.

RULE 4: Your turn to tag some other victim: Let's see now??? Three very interesting blogs are
Ticblog
Ramblings from the Outside of Nowhere
Flitzy Phoebie
Tag : YOU'RE IT!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Bonita said...

Thanks for the tag, Alphonse....I'll try to get back to some timely answers when we get back from vacation. I'll have to say that blogging has been one of the most courageous things I've ever done, as I tend to be very private, and so 'individualized' that I often think nobody would even be interested in someone like me! I began blogging to stay in touch with my daughter Ruhiyyih, who spent about a year and a half teaching in China. I knew I could post about my life, and thereby keep her up to date, even if she couldn't respond (due to protocol in that country). She's now in Washington D.C., and my blog still keeps her close to family activities, etc. So, I continue for that reason.

PS: I really like your answer to question #9 - blogging really facilitates understanding various opinions and viewpoints. It challenges the art of restraint and courtesy, too.

alphonsedamoose said...

Bonita: I think your blog is terrific, hence the tag. I look forward to your responses.
Restraint- that is what I need so i can write about politics. It is also what I don't have. So I won't break my promise to my daughter.

Unknown said...

Ah, you are a handsome devil. Here I was expecting to see another picture of Owen.

Thanks for tagging me, I think. I like your answer to 13. Actually all of them. I can actually see you being dragged "kicking and screaming" from one century to another. I liked the 18th century much better.

Well, best be getting to work on my new post.

blessings
deb

Anonymous said...

Moose, finally a picture of you. What's that you're drinking? I see a label on the side. Waaaaait a minute I think it's POP! hahaha I'm just joshing ya.

I really enjoyed reading your answers. Are you sure you don't want to share some of your more colourful opinions? Get that stuff out and on "paper". Let us see the whole Moose.

alphonsedamoose said...

Just Me: Thank you Deb.I think the next post will be of Owen . He has had some new adventures.
Sometimes when I read about what is going on in the world, I wish I was back in he 18th century. LOL.

alphonsedamoose said...

Babzy: you're right. It is POP.
I'm not sure you want to see the whole Moose. He can be pretty opinionated.

Catmoves said...

Ah, the moose appears. Ye Gods, you look respectible.
Thanks for going along with the tag. You've got a right to pleased with your posts (especially those about Owen).
As for the spats with the States, I am not and have never been one of those clowns who think they are "needed" to control Canada. I used to visit Canada regularly and enjoyed the "new" surroundings and people. Well, maybe not the clerks in the old stores who expected you to do what they should have done.
I know I've mentioned it before, but you could do a secret blog on your politics. Just let me know where it is.
Thanks for allowing us into your life.

alphonsedamoose said...

Cat: Thanks for the comment. The Owen posts are so much fun to do. He is my passion.

As for the States comments, it has been you and Bruno and FHB and Mushy and Just Me and Flitzy who have given me hope for Canada -US relations to come back to friendships.
We need the grassroots to stay in touch. If I start another politically incorrect post , I'll let you know where.

Anonymous said...

I want to know where it is too. You know I do.

alphonsedamoose said...

Babzy: Key word in the comment was IF. I am still thinking about it