Sunday, June 17, 2007

WORLD'S RICHEST MAN

When I came home from the hospital last week, I did so with great joy. Even though all my kids do not still live at home and one has a baby of her own , I knew I could count on them.

On the Friday I was released, my oldest daughter, who works for the provincial Government, took the day off work so that she could help my wife get me out of the hospital and home safely. I know my wife is more than capable of doing this job by herself, but Erin wanted to be here for me. I also think it made her feel better that she was able to see for herself that I was alright. When we arrived home she helped me into the house while my wife put the car in the garage. She carried in my bag and made sure I was as comfortable as possible.

My son Jim was home from work and immediately came up to greet me. He didn't stick around long but just knowing he cared was enough. He has since done a ton of things to help out around the house , to make sure I have whatever I need.He has also done so much to help his mother and make it easier for her. If I do something I am not supposed to,I hear about it very quickly.

My daughter Kristin comes over with my grandson to prepare my lunch and help clean up the house. She knows that Owen brings me such joy. She always phones first to see if there is anything I need or want.

Craig, my youngest has been great. He works from midnight to 8 A.M. When I get up, the first thing he asks is what I want for breakfast and do I want a shower.Maybe he is trying I tell me something with that one. LOL. He helps me get in the tub and washes my hair and my back for me. He doesn't mind doing this at all.

Because my wife still works, she is away most of the day but when she gets home, she makes sure I am comfortable and have whatever I need. Even though she has arthritis in the hips, she is still up and down for me

This is my great support network at home. All my kids have lives of there own but they make time for me. And for this , I am very very grateful. They feed me, help me dress, sometimes just talk, but they always show they care.

Because I am surrounded by all this love, I am the richest man in the world.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a very rich man. But you're also a very good man and producing a good family is no accident. Hope you had a great Father's day.

Lin said...

Sounds like the kids took after pops in a lot of ways - way ta go, guys!

alphonsedamoose said...

They are great kids