Saturday, June 23, 2007

THE STAPLES ARE OUT

Yesterday, I went to my family GP. Two weeks after my operation , it was time to get the staples removed. Some people ha told me this could be a painful procedure as the skin would be healing over he staples themselves. I was told that when the staples came out, it wold tear he new skin open. OH JOY!

My son drove me over the doctor's office and when I asked him if he would like to watch, his response was immediate. "Oh , yes". How many times does a son get to see his old man cry in pain. To be able to watch him squirm in pain, the ultimate dream of every son, especially if his dad has told him" this won't hurt" when he took him to a doctor. Revenge for the kids.

We were out in a room that had the special instruments needed to extract the staples, The main tool looks like a a small pair of wire snippers. Since I couldn't see anything Craig told me how they worked. The doctor would hook the staple in he middle and crimp it. This would force the hooked under parts straight up and down, so the staple would look like a W. He would then just pull it out. Little tug and done. No pain, no blood! Simple. He did this 27 times and we were done.

Thank goodness they are out. I can now move without the prickly feeling of the staples in my back ad sleeping at night is much easier. I don't feel like I am going to snag myself on the sheets. I also don't have that feeling of nettles running up and down my spine when I sit.

So now it is just a matter of time to let the fusion take hold and I can get rid of this damn corset. Can't be soon enough!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just might want to hang on to that corset in case you're into role playing if you get my drift.

Oh how funny, I was writing to you at the same time you were writing to me.

Hope you heal up nicely. You could probably milk it for the summer and get your family to wait on you for a couple more months.

Lin said...

I could have loaned you our staple remover to save a couple of bucks. No, wait a minute, I forgot that you have FREE (a-ha-ha-ha, completely FREE, you bet) health care. Let me know if you want to borrow the tin snips if you get stuck in that corset though.

alphonsedamoose said...

Babzy, I'm going to try that. I'll blame it all on you, okay?

alphonsedamoose said...

Lin: are you laughing at me? NAH, YOU wouldn't do that. And you know it isn't free

June said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
alphonsedamoose said...

JUne: you are so right. She is an angel who will wait on me hand and foot.

June said...

Hope you heal up nicely. You could probably milk it for the summer and get your family to wait on you for a couple more months.


Yikes !! He's been living like a KING for over a year !

Have some sympathy for his poor WIFE who is an ANGEL.

Catmoves said...

Don't forget to point out to Mrs. moose that you will need plenty of back scratching as your wounds heal. And a little oil would be nice too.
Sincerely, glad to hear you're on the mend.

alphonsedamoose said...

Cat: I think I'll let you tell Mrs. Moose that

Anonymous said...

Okay I take it back. Moose, you cannot milk this for the summer.

alphonsedamoose said...

babzy: of course I can try. Don't let Mrs. Moose play on your sympathies. I am in a delicate condition here and need constant loving attention.LOL

BRUNO said...

Geez, in another 3 weeks, you'll be ready for sit-ups!

I do 'em every day---I wake up, SIT on the edge of the bed, and contemplate where I will SIT-UP next!