Friday, June 1, 2007

GRANDSON OWEN

This is my grandson Owen. He is the first for Mrs. Moose and I. You have seen me write about him before. Today, he is 9 months old and he is already a ladies man or is that baby girls baby boy.

All his life he has been surrounded by people who cuddle him and kiss him. This is not unusual as most babies experience the same thing. And, most of the time, until they are a little older, it means absolutely nothing to them except to make them feel good.

My daughter belongs to a baby group where mothers of new-borns get together. This is not the same as mothers of old-borns getting together.

At the meeting yesterday Owen was sitting in the floor with the only little girl in the group. He reached out and took her hand and gave it a kiss. The mother of the little girl either didn't see it or didn't understand it. She asked my daughter what was going on. My daughter told her and then to prove it, Owen did the exact same thing. Took the little girls hand and gave it a kiss. That's my little moose. Maybe babies do understand more than we think.

He is at the age where he is trying different things just to see the reaction he gets. He was at our house on Thursday night and while Mrs Moose was holding him he started. She would pretend to blow him a kiss and he would look at her and blink very slowly. After about the third time, he would start to coyly bow his head and then blink slowly. When he figured that he had done it enough he stopped doing it.

He has also started to blow. He sits, purses his lips and blows, making a motor boat sound. He does this for five minutes or so and then looks at you with the biggest smile and the "Aren't I smart look".

It is just amazing how kids develop and I am enjoying it for all it is worth.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Catmoves said...

Just wondering mooose: Is he a chip off the ole grandpa? Kissing the ladies hands? Hmmmmm.

alphonsedamoose said...

The MOOSES(MEESE?) have taught him well. He will grow to be big and strong with a great sense of chivalry. Watch out all you female mooses(meese?)

Anonymous said...

What a sweet boy. It won't be long before your grandson can go hiking and fishing with you.

Lin said...

Yep, Grandpa Moose was a charmer and a gentleman in his prime. I think Owen is going to be a chip off the ol' moose pie, too.

alphonsedamoose said...

Babzy: Thank you very much. I'm hoping maybe next summer for some fishing

alphonsedamoose said...

Lin:I will do everything I can to make sure he becomes gentleman moose.