Monday, November 26, 2007

Fwd: FW: 25 REASONS I OWE MY MOTHER






So true.

 

At last, someone who knows all about children…..



25  
REASONS I OWE MY MOTHER
 


1.My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE  
"If You're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just  finished cleaning."

2. My mother Taught me  RELIGION.
"You better pray that will come Out of the carpet."

3. My mother taught me about TIME  TRAVEL .
"If you Don't straighten up, I'm  going to knock you into the middle of next
Week!"  

4. My mother Taught me LOGIC.
" Because I said so,  that's why."

5.  My mother taught me MORE LOGIC.
"If you fall out of that swing and Break your neck, you're not going to the store with me."

6. My mother taught me FORESIGHT.
"Make sure you wear clean  underwear, in Case you're in an accident."  

7. My mother taught  me IRONY
"Keep crying, and I'll give you  something to cry about."

8. My mother taught me About the  science of OSMOSIS.
"Shut your mouth and Eat your supper."

9. My Mother taught me about  CONTORTIONISM.
"Will you Look at that dirt  on the back of your neck!"

10. My mother taught me about STAMINA.
"You'll sit there until all that  spinach Is gone."

11. My mother Taught me about  WEATHER.
"This room of yours looks As if a  tornado went through it."

12. My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY.
"If I told you once, I've told  you a Million times. Don't exaggerate!"

13. My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE.
"I brought you into this world, and I  can Take you out."

14. My Mother taught me about BEHAVIOR  MODIFICATION.
"Stop Acting like your  father!"

15. My  mother taught me about ENVY.
"There are millions of less fortunate Children in this world who don't  have wonderful parents like you do."

16. My mother taught me About  ANTICIPATION.
"Just wait until we get home."  

17. My mother  taught me About RECEIVING .
"You are going  to get it when you Get home!"

18. My mother Taught me MEDICAL  SCIENCE.
"If you don't stop Crossing your eyes, they are going to freeze that way."  

19. My mother  taught me ESP.
"Put your sweater on; don't you think I know When you are cold?"

20. My mother taught me  HUMOR.
"When that lawn mower Cuts off your toes, don't come running to me."

21. My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN  ADULT  
"If you don't eat your vegetables,  you'll never Grow up."

22. My mother Taught me  GENETICS.
"You're just like your father."  


23. My mother  taught me About my ROOTS.
"Shut that door  behind you. Do you Think you were born in a barn?"  

24. My mother taught  me WISDOM.
"When you get to be my age, you'll understand."

25. And my Favorite:

 

My mother taught me About  JUSTICE
"One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you.

 

 

 

 




 

 

 


17 comments:

Catmoves said...

I agree about those things. But I was never able to figure out how my eating all those vegetables would prevent someone in China from starving.

alphonsedamoose said...

Cat: Yes, that one and the born in a barn. Surely my mother knew I wasn't born in a barn.

Anonymous said...

Goody you posted the mother sayings.

Moose, take a wander over to Dorky Dad's blog and read his post about his trip to Canada and his readers' comments. Canadian Flake was most upset as was I.

alphonsedamoose said...

Babzy, I left him a comment. He is a true ugly American. I'm so glad they are not all like that.

Anonymous said...

HAHHAHAHA I just read your little rant on DD. Why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel? Good one!

BTW I got your comment on my post and I'm going to respond after everyone has had their say. I know what you mean about society owing them a living but that would be welfare mothers, right? Not single moms working full time at a job and also looking after the kids with no help and very little if any child support. Did you have something else in mind? I'm going to ask you later on my blog. I just wanted to make sure you read me right.

ttyl B

alphonsedamoose said...

Babzy, ye you got it. I know here in Alberta, you get more money with each child, so some people just keep popping them out.Taxpayer then gets to pay for has to work.
Taxpayer foots the bill for them and mom never has to work. Just doesn't seem right.
Mom's who work and are trying to do their best is a completely different kettle of fish. They deserve help.Deadbeat dads also need to pay up.

Anonymous said...

DD likes me. He sent me a comment and I see he didn't send one to you or to Flake.

He thinks I have no sense of humour. I don't know why but it didn't feel very funny to me.

He mentions a movie where Brits make fun of Americans and a website where a Canadian makes fun of Americans. Must have a look at that.

I have seen movies and comedians who make fun of Canadians, Brits, Yanks, and many other and they are really funny but DD post just wasn't funny. What do you think the difference is?

alphonsedamoose said...

Babzy: I think he THINKS he is funny. Like a lot of Yanks, he sounds like he is God's gift to the world. Really he is just OBNOOXIOUS.

Anonymous said...

He's not the only one. Go back to DD post where you left your comment and see what came after.
Even my sister chimed in.

This is very stressful so I'm not going to make any more comments on there. Maybe I over reacted to XBox forgetting Canada exists but jeez he lives in the Netherlands. Anyway I have to stop now and get onto something else.

alphonsedamoose said...

I refuse to read this Jack A-- anymore. He has ht my forget he exists list.

alphonsedamoose said...

Babzy: Loved your comments on his blog, As for xbox, I sure ( because he's Irish- said with tongue in cheek, no disrespect to your Dad) that he probably has a ruddy complexion from having his head stuck to a whiskey bottle all day. How's that for poor stereotyping?

Anonymous said...

I took the Dork off my list too. I thought I would still visit him but I am learning to let go of people who make me feel bad. I'm not going to read him anymore.

Moose, you funny little Moose ... where did you get the idea that my Dad was Irish? The odd thing is my poor Dad was a chronic whiskey drinker. HAHA Maybe he WAS Irish! LOL

alphonsedamoose said...

I thought you had told that to xbox. Maybe I read it wrong.
I only read DD once before and I didn't like him then so I am not really going to miss anything.
Good for you for writing off people who make you feel bad. You are more in control all the time. Good for you

Anonymous said...

My Dad was born in Ohio but moved to Canada as a kid. Americans who were in the Canadian Forces during the war were given automatic Canadian citizenship. I think that's pretty standard for the States as well. Thankfully he was too young to be a real American.

I have always had trouble letting go of bad relationships, bad jobs, even bad aquaintances such as bloggers. It is all to do with my childhood I suppose. Just shows that a person is never too old to change bad habits.

alphonsedamoose said...

Babzy: I'm glad our government had the smarts to give these great people citizenship. If they risked their lives for us, they deserve to be one of us.
I know what you mean about relationships. You seem to be doing better lately though. Remember you are in control of who you deal with.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Moose. I am doing much better now. I still have to process some old baggage then I'll be good to go. I'm actually a pretty strong person in spite of my weaknesses, if that makes any sense.

alphonsedamoose said...

Babzy: Yes that does make sense. I think we become stronger because of our weaknesses.