Monday, April 14, 2008

Retirement






Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make their days interesting.

Well for example, the other day Betsy and I went into town and went into a shop. We were only in there for about 5 minutes. When we came out, there was a cop writing out a parking ticket.

We went up to him and said, "Come on man, how about giving a senior citizen a break?"

He ignored us and continued writing the ticket. I called him a turd. He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having worn tires. So Betsy called him a sh#thead. He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first. Then he started writing a third ticket. This went on for about 20 minutes. The more we abused him, the more tickets he wrote.


Personally, we didn't care. We came into town by bus. We try to have a little fun each day now that we're retired.

It's important at our age.

8 comments:

Lin said...

Moose, why is it that I can see you doing exactly this for amusement, and LONG before retirement set in?

alphonsedamoose said...

Lin:You THINK I would do such a thing. OH OH I have been stabbed to the very quick of my being. Well , maybe not that deep. More of a scratch. LOL

YesBut said...

Nice one.
Power to the Old Farts.

alphonsedamoose said...

Hi YesBut; Wouldn't you just love to try this? It would be hilarious especially if it was someone you knew and didn't really like.

Lin said...

Ah-hah!!! See? Your last comment confirmed my suspicions that there is still that original mischievous treachery lingering in da Moose.

I'm just so darned glad to hear that you still HAVE it. Yeah ... power to da old farts! Right on!

alphonsedamoose said...

Lin: Damn , you caught me. I was going to pass this gift on to Owen so he could carry on my "work"

Anonymous said...

I have been informed of your blog by a friend and because my nickname is Moose. I have found your postings bright and right up up my alley( reference to red marble ). I will check periodically because I like your perspective.

alphonsedamoose said...

Anonymous, Welcome aboard. Maybe I should just call you Moose2.
Glad you enjoyed the Red Marble story.