Sunday, April 20, 2008

Neat Quiz

HOW  OLD ARE YOU ? CAN YOU REMEMBER THIS FAR BACK ?


Have fun doing this one.

TEST FOR OLD KIDS
 
The answers are printed below, but please don't you cheat. 


01.
 After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the grateful citizens would ask, Who was that masked man? Invariably, someone would answer, I don't know, but he left this behind. What did he leave behind? _______________. 

02.
 When the Beatles first came to the U.S. in early 1964, we all watched them on The _______________ Show. 

03.
 'Get your kicks, ___________________.' 

04. 
'The story you are about to see is true. The names have been changed___________________.' 

05.
 'In the jungle, the mighty jungle, ________________.' 

06.
 After the Twist, The Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we 'danced' under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the '_____________.' 

07.
 'N_E_S_T_L_E_S', Nestle's makes the very best....... _______________.' 

08.
 Satchmo was America's 'Ambassador of Goodwill.' Our parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was _________________. 

09.
 What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? _______________. 

10 
Red Skelton's hobo character was named __________________ and Red always ended his television show by saying, 'Good Night, and '________ ________'. 

11.
 Some Americans who protested the Vietnam War did so by burning their______________. 

12.
 The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the front was called the VW . What other names did it go by? ____________ & _______________. 

13.
 In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, 'the day the music died.'This was a tribute to ___________________. 

14.
 We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians did it. It was called ___________________. 

15. 
One of the big fads of the late 50's and 60's was a large plastic ring that we twirled around our waist. It was called the ________________. ! 



ANSWERS:
 

01. The Lone Ranger left behind a silver bullet. 
0 2. The Ed Sullivan Show 
03. On Route 66 
04. To protect the innocent. 
05. The Lion Sleeps Tonight 
06. The limbo 
07. Chocolate 
08. Louis Armstrong 
09. The Timex watch 
10. Freddy, The Freeloader,and 'Good Night,and may God Bless.' 
11. Draft cards (Bras were also burned.) 
12. Beetle or Bug
 
13. Buddy Holly 
14. Sputnik 
15. Hoola-hoop 




10 comments:

YesBut said...

Hi Alphonse

Didn't know the answer to #7 i don't think that advert was used in the UK

I didn't know it was a tribute to Buddy Holly - you're never to old to learn.

Got a busy couple of days, our granddaughter is coming to stay on Wednesday - 20 months old and very inquisitive, so things have to be put out of reach.

Hope Walls said...

I knew everything except the name of the hobo and the Buddy Holly Tribute. Don't know if that makes me smart or full of useless information... lol

alphonsedamoose said...

YesBut: You have a great time with your granddaugher. If she is like Owen , you will be exhausted, but in a good way. Have a great time.

alphonsedamoose said...

Ticlog: It makes you very smart or almost as old as me. LOL

BRUNO said...

I only had to guess on #7---but I did guess it correctly!

Number 10---indeed. But just try saying that NOW, on the public airwaves, huh?

Number 11---so THAT'S why I ended-up in uniform---I burnt my sisters' underwear! (And I thought the reason she was ticked-off was because I didn't WRITE HOME enough...!)

alphonsedamoose said...

Bruno: Excellent guess on #7. I know what you're saying about #10, and as for your sister's underwear--- remember, no good deed goes unpunished.

BRUNO said...

Yes, this is, or was, and still is---TRUE!

And, speaking of a hula-hoop. One of my favorite pranks I'd play on Sis was to pull the hoop apart at it's seam, fill it with a good dose of water, and plug it back together!

You'd think it wouldn't matter, but she couldn't make that thing spin regardless of how skillful she tried! That is, until it finally flew apart, and dumped the contents!

She learned to check it from then on, anytime she left it for longer than five minutes within my reach...!

alphonsedamoose said...

Bruno: I am sitting here laughing. WHY Oh WHY am I not surprised at what you did. Hilarious.

Catmoves said...

Hi Moose. I'm upset. 'cause I didn't get a single one of these. You must be lots older than I am. And so are some others, I see.

alphonsedamoose said...

Cat: You wouldn't try to fool me(us) would you. I didn't think so.