Sunday, April 6, 2008

OUTSIDE !!

These pictures were taken last Thursday. I was going to babysit Owen in the afternoon while his mom did a substitute teaching assignment. I arrived at their house at about 11:30 in the morning. Kristin was still getting ready, so I said I would get Owen dressed. He only had on a diaper and his pyjama top. I took him to his bedroom and said it was time to get dressed. He said no! I said yes! I pulled the top over his head and removed his diaper. As I was disposing of it, the little monkey crawled under his crib and wouldn't come out. He lay there on his back laughing at me. When I would reach under to pull him out he would squeeze himself up against the wall so I couldn't reach him. I finally had to resort to bribery. I told him we couldn't go outside if he didn't get dressed. He came out as fast as he could and said"OUTSIDE".

We went out to the backyard and he just ran and played with his dog "Andy". He loves to chase him, all the time laughing his head off. He also makes me run with him. When Kristin came to the door to say she was leaving, all he had to say was"Bye, Bye". Didn't bother him a bit. Back to playing he went. I tried to get some pictures when he wasn't dragging me with him.

Most of the snow is gone and he can run around on the grass. The little bit of snow that is
left is crunchy on the top and hard enough still for him to walk on. When he does hit a soft spot, he sinks down to his knees and giggles. He seems to think is is great fun. Of course, his shoes get soaking wet.

After about ten minutes we went for a walk in the neighbourhood. We usually don't end up going far, but it takes us about an hour. He stops and examines every little thing that catches his eye. And of course, he has to be chased in a game of tag. It was so windy that he even let me put up his hood on his hoodie. Usually he hates anything on his head. He also wants to know the name of everything." What's that? What's that" he is certainly curious about this great big wonderful world. And that is a good thing.

When we got back to the house we had lunch and he played with his toys before his nap.

I am trying out my new camera and trying to see ow the pictures look if I add some light. I think in the bottom one, I have too much because his hair is not that red. It does have a red tinge to it but not this much.

All in all, a great time was had by both of us.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Hope Walls said...

Is that bribery or extortion, Moose?

We have lots of grass showing through but the children are forbidden to play in the yard because the ground is still frozen and what ends up happening is in theri zeal ripping around the yard they tromp the grass into oblivion. The end result is that we have many, many bald spots in the lawn... this year we're really trying to avoid that...

alphonsedamoose said...

Ticblog. My dogs do the same thing. We are going to have to fence off the grass because they turn it into a mudhole.

Catmoves said...

Geeze. April. Snow. Wow. Canada? Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Owen is still cute as the devil. Stop abusing him with your new toy or I will call the RCMP myself.

alphonsedamoose said...

Cat: Abusing him with my new toy? he is the one abusing me with his grandpa, grandpa, chase me.LOL

Bonita said...

Owen knows just how to play with his GrandPa! I hope you videotape this, to record his giggles...he'll love it later.

alphonsedamoose said...

Bonita: That is a great idea. I just never can keep up to him to know what to tape and what not to tape. I would be going around with the camera stuck to my head.
We had him last night for about three hours and every time I sat down to rest he would sy no and pull me to my feet.He either wanted to go outside to walk or down to see the fish or into the garage to play in the car. He is a bundle of energy. I love it.

alphonsedamoose said...

Bonita: That is a great idea. I just never can keep up to him to know what to tape and what not to tape. I would be going around with the camera stuck to my head.
We had him last night for about three hours and every time I sat down to rest he would sy no and pull me to my feet.He either wanted to go outside to walk or down to see the fish or into the garage to play in the car. He is a bundle of energy. I love it.

Lin said...

How'd I miss this one?! Has it really been that long?

Is that Owen a complete tease or what? Gawd but he is adorable - I can't get enough of those big blue eyes!

alphonsedamoose said...

Lin: You've been busy out in society with the partying.
He is kinda cute isn't he. Smarter every day.