Sunday, February 17, 2008

THE BEST PRESENT I EVER RECEIVED

This past February 14th, was my 61st. birthday. Rather than do anything on Valentine's Day, it was decided that the whole family would go out for dinner last night: Wife, daughters, sons, husbands, girlfriends and of course Grandson Owen.
I was given the best gift anybody could ever recieve from their family. I was given an empty jar and 1000 marbles. It is the best gift I have ever received. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to Mrs. Moose,Erin, Kristin,Mark, Owen, Jim, Amy and Craig. I love you all.
















To fully appreciate the significance of this gift, you must go back and read my Jan 21/08 post entitled 3900. I think you will then understand.
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

YesBut said...

Congratulations - 61, you are nearly catching up with me :)

I reckon a grandchild adds another ten years to your life expectancy.

alphonsedamoose said...

YesBut: Thank you very much.
I am hoping Owen adds at least 25 years on to my life. I have such a terrific family.

BRUNO said...

Now---just don't forget where you put all of those---wouldn't want you to "lose your marbles"!(God, that's an OLD one!) They WOULD make an admirable door-stop! Or maybe a better toe-stubber...!

alphonsedamoose said...

Bruno:I could use them for an anchor.

Lin said...

Moose, you're looking fabulous! Must be the little Moose and all those new marbles (and a fixed up back).

Happy birthday - may you never ever run out of marbles!

alphonsedamoose said...

Lin: Thank you very much. The little moose and the fixed up back sure make a difference. He is keeping me young.
I thought the marbles were a terrific gift and I hope I can add back into the jar when it does empty.

Hope Walls said...

Happy birthday, Mooseman!

alphonsedamoose said...

Ticblog: Thank you very much, I appreciate it.

Bonita said...

I have a feeling that you've always had your priorities in order, with everyone benefitting. However, little Owen might want to collect the ones that you pick out of the jar, and add them to his collection.

Happy Birthday, to the Grandpa.

alphonsedamoose said...

Bonita:Family and faith have always been my priorities.
I thought I would keep he marbles in a safe place and give them to Owen when he gets older. I guess GREAT minds do think alike. LOL

Catmoves said...

Happy belated birthday, Moose.
By all means keep your marbles in a safe place and don't let anyone fool with them. Unless, of course, you like having your marbles played with.

phlegmfatale said...

Happy belated birthday! That marble story is great. Yes, we do need to make the most of our time with our precious dear ones.
And that's a lovely bunch of marbles.

alphonsedamoose said...

Thank you Phlegmy. He is the joy of my life and I spend as much time with him as possible. Tomorrow, I get o remove my first marble. Can hardly wait.