Saturday, January 26, 2008

Fwd: Fw: The Haircut







 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Haircut 

 

One day a florist goes to a barber for a haircut. After the cut he asked about his bill, and the barber replies, 'I cannot accept money from you.  I'm doing community service this week.' The florist was pleased, and left the shop. When the barber goes to open his shop the next morning, there is a 'thank you' card, and a dozen roses waiting for him at his door. 

 

 

Later, a cop comes in for a haircut, and when he tries to pay his bill, the barber again replies, 'I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week.'  The cop is happy and leaves the shop.  The next morning when the barber goes to open up there is a 'thank you' card, and a dozen donuts waiting for him at his door.

 

 

Later that day, a college professor comes in for a haircut, and when he tries to pay his bill, the barber again replies, 'I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week.' The professor is very happy and leaves the shop.  The next morning when the barber opens his shop, there is a 'thank you' card, & a dozen different books, such as 'How to Improve Your Business' & 'Becoming More Successful.

 

 

Then,a Politician comes in for a haircut, and when he goes to pay his bill the barber again replies, 'I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week.'  The MP is very happy and leaves the shop.  The next morning when the barber goes to open up, there are a dozen Members of Parliament lined up waiting for a free haircut.

 

 

And that, my friends, illustrates the Fundamental difference between the Citizens of our country and the members of our Government

.



8 comments:

YesBut said...

A Minister in the UK Government has had to resign while the police investigate why he failed to declare £100,000 collected by some very dubious means to fight the election for Deputy Leader of the Labour Party.
He said it was an oversight.If individuals fail to submit Tax returns they are fined - forgetting to do so is not a defence.

Sorry Officer I forgot there is a speed limit.

alphonsedamoose said...

YesBut: There is an inquiry going on here right now involving an ex-Prime Minister and Karl Schreiber. TH ex was "paid" $300,000.00 for "consulting". He was paid in cash and didn't declare it as income for over 2 years.

Anonymous said...

Hi Moose. Just checking in to wish you a good weekend. I'm going to take a break for awhile and try to get this depression under control. It's closing in. Don't forget me.

alphonsedamoose said...

Babzy. Thanks for the good wishes. We have some really nasty weather on the way. It is supposed to be 132 by Monday morning with blowing snow.
Take all he time you need. I won't forget you. You also feel free to write to me if you need to talk.
I'll say a prayer especially for you.

alphonsedamoose said...

Babzy: That should be -32 Monday not 132. It's the old-timers kicking in. LOL

Anonymous said...

Yikes !!!!!!!!!!!!! 132 !!! and I just packed away all the bathing suits and shorts !!! Whoopi !!! BBQ tonight !

alphonsedamoose said...

Mrs. Moose: I could have rejected this comment but I thought I would leave to show everyone your wicked and warped sense of humour. Now they will know where Owen gets it . I know, I know---get my own supper.
Love you.

Anonymous said...

~smirk~