Saturday, January 12, 2008

A BUSY TIME





I'm back. Actually I haven't been away anywhere. It has just been very hectic around our house since Christmas.

We had a small snow storm which left the trees looking beautiful with a fresh coating of white on the branches. The first picture is the birch tree in our front yard. It had been snowing lightly for about 2 days at this point. The nice thing about snow here in Alberta is that it is dry. It is not a wet heavy snow like back east but rather a light fluffy snow that is easy to move

While I was looking out the window one day I could here the Blue Jays making all kinds of racket and flying around like crazy. Out the door I went, and there in the Spruce right at the top was this bird. The jays were harassing it , trying to drive it away. I tried to get a good close-up picture before it flew away. I also looked it up, in our bird book. I think it is a bird called a Merlin. They belong to the falcon family and usually hunt Waxwings


During the holidays my mother(86 years young) came out for a visit. Unfortunately, I had to work most days and did not get to spend as much time with her as I would have liked. Fortunately she is a voracious reader and was able to keep herself amused.

Owen also came over a number of times and once he realized she was part of the family warmed up to her very quickly. I wanted to make sure I got a picture of them both together. Almost 85 years difference in age ....incredible !!

The night these pictures were taken, he was in a silly mood. He wanted to be chased and chased. Then he would run to my mother, laughing his head off, for protection.


I also wanted to get a picture of the three of us. By this time he really didn't want to co-operate so we had to find ways to distract him while Mrs. Moose took the pictures. If you look closely , you will also notice that I have more grey hair than my mother. She keeps very fit and as active as possible.


These are just the highlight s of what our last month has been like. I will write more later

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's about time you aroused from your Christmas dinner stupor.

I know what you mean about the grey hair. My natural hair colour is very grey and white, much more so than my Mother's.

I can't see your pictures. They're just red X's.

alphonsedamoose said...

HI Babzy: Google said they were having trouble uploading pictures when I posted. I am going to try to add them now.

Catmoves said...

Babzy's right. About time you posted.
I couldn't get the some of the pictures to show. Only info I could get from them was: They were jpgs and http://localhost:1835/25695797fe649962cab817e83e7e70a2/image2395.jpg?size=320.
And your Mom's much better looking than you, too.

alphonsedamoose said...

Cat: I knew I could count on you. There should be 4 pictures. Google was having trouble posting them when I wrote the blog so I added hem today. The little red x may still be there.
You would never know the two of us were related would you( that's me and my mom, not you and me. LOL)

Anonymous said...

Moose, you're so lucky your Mom has beautiful thick shiny hair. You're not bald at all not that there's anything wrong with bald they say.

Lin said...

Great photos, Moose! Got to see all four of them, too.
That's a wonderful photo Mme. Moose got of you and your mom ... God bless her, she looks great. You're looking great for that matter, too, like a man without so much pain any more!

YesBut said...

That's when you find out how good your camera is, when trying to photograph your grandchild.

I've got a collection of out of focus back of a head disappearing out of frame photographs.

Had to buy a new camera - one of its program settings is children/pets

alphonsedamoose said...

Babzy, I'm anything but bald. I'm just a lot greyer than my mom.

alphonsedamoose said...

Lin: I like the photo of the two of us and it is certainly nice to be in so much less pain.
I hope I get the chance to have many more pictures with her also,

alphonsedamoose said...

Yesbut: We have a collection of those back of head shots also. I need one that clicks as soon as they smile at the camera, otherwise it is too late.

Hope Walls said...

Most of the newer point and shoot cameras don't have hat irritating delay, thank goodness. Maybe you should ask the Easter Bunny to bring you one. If I were in the market for buying a new camera, I'd buy the Pentax Optio. I'm not in the market for buying a new camera, and I still might buy one anyways lol

It's nice to see that you are busy with family and yes, looking quite healthy and happy with your much younger looking and beautiful mother... You could always consider a dye, Alphonse. Get a nice shock of colour in the front just like Mom's? ~smirk~

I like back of head pictures. They are more realistic - my kids are always running away from me to go play, to go to school, to meet friends... Haha!

alphonsedamoose said...

Ticblog: She does look young for her age doesn't she. And that is her natural colour. When I talk to her I'll let her know you think she looks younger than I do.Oh, I am SOOOOOO hurt.LOL
We have quite a few shots of the back of Owen's head

Bonita said...

Not all of your photos are coming through...maybe that snowstorm did some damage.

You are so fortunate to be able to give your mother a big hug.

alphonsedamoose said...

Bonita: There are only 4 pictures. Google was having trouble loading pics when I first posted.
You're right, I am very lucky to be able to still hug my mother.