Thursday, March 22, 2007

Family Reaction toRamblings

Welcome to the first edition of Alphonsedamoose-ramblings of a moose.Now for those who know me , you know that I am not a great or prolific writer. I prefer to send jokes on to the people on my list rather than send information on what I am doing or my family life. That all changed in the last week or so when I was reunited with an old friend and her blog about starting to homestead in New Mexico. Lin was the original artist on my Alphonsedamoose motorcycle helmet. You will soon see this terrific work of art.
So last night,I informed my wife That I was thinking of starting my own blog. after gales of laughter and me getting her up her off the floor to so she could breathe easier( thought I was going to have to get oxygen for her), She asked me a very simple questions. "Do you know how?" was the first. What kind of a question is that. Of course I know how. I skimmed through the part about creating a blog and and how to set it up. Nothing to it. I hope. Her next question was " di you tell your Daughter?'. Of course not, I want to work on this first to see what happens first.
The next thing I knew , she was on the phone. "Guess what, your dad is setting up his own blog"
After about 10 seconds my daughter, still laughing sais"who'd da thunk him". I now know how Rodney Dangerfield felt.
I mean ,just because our kids dragged us kicking and screaming into the 20th century from the 18th about five years ago doesn't mean I should get a "who'da thunk it" It should have been a more respectful " well of course, He is extremely smart".
My dear better half came into the living room to tell my what my wonderful daughter had said. Immediately I was on the phone to find out why she was laughing.
"Dad, do you even know what ablog is?''she queried(ggod word that).
"Of course" I responded, the whole time hoping she didn't ask for a definition.
"No swearing, no politics,no religion and no contentious issues"I was told.
Whats left? Everyone says , "Write about what you know best" but there are already so many self-help books out there, Whats left?
I know........... my family and the goings on of Mrs.Moose and all the little Meese.
So that is what you are going to get. The adventures of Alphonsedamoose and his family.
What a treat. I hope you enjoy it .
Now if I can just figure out which button to push from here, I'm set.
Talk to you in 3-4 days....... I think

2 comments:

Erin said...

Oh dad. I guess you've gone ahead and done it. Keep it PC!

Good for you. I still can't believe though. Of all the people in our family, I thought you'd be the last to do a blog; and here you are-- the first.

We'll see how you do!

Lin said...

Well there ya go, Erin! See ... us old farts really can sit up and learn new tricks, especially if egged on by fellow O.F.s. Alphonse, who would have thought that either of us would be engaged in this sort of techno foolishness? I love it! Way ta go!