Tuesday, May 20, 2008

BUSY< BUSY BUSY

Things have been just crazy busy at work for the last couple of weeks. I have been so busy that by the time I get home, have supper and check my mail, I am ready for bed.
If there is a recession going on, it is certainly not here in Alberta.

I got to work at 10:30 this morning, pulled out some paper work i needed to get done and then didn't even get a chance to look at it until 2 this afternoon. It was just one customer after another- which is a good thing.

We were over at Mark and Kristin's for Mark's 31st birthday. Everyone had a great time, especially Owen. He finally decided that he would wear his hat and of his sunglasses. He kept them on for hours. We were all totally shocked. He thinks he is so cool.
He has been over to our house a couple of times. What with spring finally arriving, yard work has also kept us busy and he loves to be outside. I decided to let him help me water some new grass seed that I had thrown down. He really enjoyed playing with the water and hose. He also had new rubber boots which of course saved the day . His feet would have been soaking wet in regular shoes.

His mom and dad took him to the zoo this past weekend. Apparently he loved it, especially the train ride.
We want to take him just to see his reaction to the elephant when he sees it. When he sees pictures he calls it a big puppy. What will he think?
I apologize for being off for so long. I will try to catch up with everyone as soon as possible. Posts may slow down for a while. This is our busy time of year.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Catmoves said...

Hi Moose. For some strange reason the "leave your comment" box pops up behind the main page. Good ole Google.
Owen looks very cool in his glasses and hat.
Are you considering retiring and putting him to work for you in a few years?

alphonsedamoose said...

Hi Cat: I have no idea why the comments box does that. I think you hit the nail on the head with Good ole Google.
You've also got it right with Owen. I'm trying to teach him how to look cool as he scouts out the girls. LOL.
I will also need somebody to do my lawn and I figure I might as well teach him now. I just don't want to tell him he gets paid with money. Right now he works for Ice Cream bars.

Lin said...

Good to see you back! I was beginning to wonder if Owen had hog-tied the old Moose in the basement.

Seems like anywhere there is energy business going on, there is no noticeable recession either. Hope it stays that way for you folks!

alphonsedamoose said...

Lin: Thanks for the welcome back. Right now it will still be sporadic. I cannot believe how busy we are. People are spending money like crazy. We are definitely not in a recession. Our problem is we can't get enough people to fill all the jobs available.

YesBut said...

I was worried, you or a member of your family had a problem.
Glad your back and posting.

alphonsedamoose said...

YesBut: Thank you for the concern. Everything and everybody is alright.
Just extremely busy at work and home right now.
I will post when I can.